Lisbon, 17 December 2008 Vodafone Portugal has launched an innovative Customer Care service on mobile phones that enables users to perform a wide range of operations that until now have only been possible via a phone call, on the Internet or in a retail shop.
With this service, a first in Portugal, customers can solve directly on their mobile phones the questions they pose most frequently to the Vodafone Customer Care Service:
– Simple, instantaneous checking of available balance, date of next top-up, billing details and Club Viva points
– Alterations to the Rede 10 price plan and contacts, in the case of Yorn customers
– Information on products and services and locations and opening hours of Vodafone shops
– Information on current promotions and Club Viva points
– Automatic configuration of access to the Vodafone live! portal, Internet and MMS
To use this service, customers simply need to call the Customer Care Service on the usual number (16912 or 16918) and the application opens automatically on the phone display.
Access, navigation and viewing information are free, and customers have the option at any time to be attended by a Vodafone assistant by pressing the option Speak with Assistant.
The Customer Care Service on mobile phones is free and is available to individual customers with compatible handsets. It is forecast that within 18 months 90% of new phone models will be sold with the application pre-installed.
The service was developed in partnership between Vodafone and the American company Nuance. Vodafone Portugal contributed decisively to the design of the solution and is the first country to launch the service, to be followed by a further 15 Vodafone Group countries over the next 3 years.
Adjusting constantly to the growth of the market and customers needs, Vodafone Portugals Customer Care Service has introduced over the years specific lines aimed at the different segments and various contact technologies such as E-mail, IVR, Internet, Videocall, SMS Channel, Online Support (chat) and now, Customer Care on mobile phones.